Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Perseverance


I attended the adult session today. I'm still feeling a bit off. It's rather annoying. I suppose it will take a while to go away. Still, I did spend some time on edges, stroking and (of course) 3s. I also spent some quality time on crossovers, especially the CW ones. I worked on just doing the crossover and also skating crossed-over. I really hate these things! Still, I am getting a little better at them. I'm working on getting that "edge" feeling more quickly and more consistently. The "edge" feeling is hard to describe; it's basically being able to actually feel the FO edge cutting the ice directly under me. I know part of it is feeling a push that's more on the side of my foot. Anyway, when I can feel that edge I feel much more secure and can actually generate some amount of push. I just need to do it about a gazillion times more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home