Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

More 5-Step Mohawk


Today's earrrrrly morning lesson:
  • 5-step Mohawk -- we spent the bulk of the lesson on this. I had asked about the slide chassé, so we looked at it. Some corrections I got: I'm tending to curve the BO edge too much; I'm tending to wide-step the step forward (need to "collect" the free foot first); need to have an actual push onto the BO edge, not just a step; and need to keep the hip up on the BI edge of the Mohawk. It improved quite a bit, really. Just for future reference the slide chassé is done on the soon-to-be-skating foot. So the sequence is, for example, RFI (Mohawk) LBI (step/push) RBO (step forward) LFO (put down R foot) L foot slide, then onwards to LFI etc.
  • BO edges -- a short amount of time on this. Anna will kill me if I don't stop double-pushing on the RBO! :-) Anna noticed I'm doing slightly weird things with my rotation on the RBO, I'm not really rotating "skinny" and my R hand is winding up to far to the right, not straight in front of me, which makes it harder to turn the head and do all the other stuff. Some other smaller fixes too.
Today's lesson was a little short so we'll make it up Monday. I'm going to ask to work on the waltz jump and, I think, the BI3 then.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home