Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Thursday Night Skate


My lesson was over at 6:10ish, so I had dinner at the rink restaurant and relaxed a bit, then skated the 7 p.m. evening session. I stayed 'til about 8:45, so 1.75 hours of skating on top of the 1 hour freestyle for my lesson. The session was relatively lightly attended, especially the first half-hour, and the ice was freshly surfaced and very nice!

I was pretty warmed up and in a good mood. I did spend some time socializing with J-Hawk (a.k.a. Jenny from the Rink :-)) and Bribee :-) and also Hannah, who I'd not seen in quite a while. Hannah spent some time working on my waltz jump with me. I must bring this out in people! (see yesterday's post) Still, some good pointers. Also Jenny was watching my LFI3 and pointed out that I need to bend my knee more. Good stuff!

I spent a little more time working on the waltz jump entrance -- of course I couldn't quite do it again :-(. The pieces are there, I was either lacking nerve due to the people on the session, or tired, or I don't know what. I'm not too worried. I also practiced my 3-turns obsessively; the FI3s are definitely improving. It seems to help if I really think of where I am going with them, i.e. the whole lobe. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well. I worked them on the circle too. All my 3s are coming along, but I probably need to spend more time on the RFO3 since I tend to shortchange that one. I also worked a bunch of other stuff as well. All in all it was a good skate!

It's a good thing it was a good skate, since I will be off the ice for a few days. I won't have a chance to skate tomorrow, and Saturday and Sunday will be the 6th Annual Tucson Invitational Figure Skating Competition that we are hosting, so I will be working that and won't get to skate. And Monday I won't get to skate either due to a conflict. Grrr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home