Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sunday Evening Skate


I attended the first hour of the Sunday evening session. The first half hour was remarkably uncrowded; after that it filled up a bit but still not bad at all.

I worked a bunch of stuff -- forward crossovers, 3s, spin entrance, and waltz jump. The forward crossovers -- mmm, I'm feeling that edge bite again finally. It's a good feeling -- "delicious" is the word that comes to mind. Don't know why I have trouble finding that spot but I'm hoping increased practice will help me find it more quickly.

The 3s... wow, I practice these things obsessively. The FI3s are coming along okay. The FO3s I'm mostly working to try to improve the exit edge; not sure I'm seeing any improvement at all at this point.

The spin entrance is about the same. I can't seem to tighten that FO edge down, and Anna was asking for more "push" onto the LFO and I can't seem to quite get that yet.

The waltz jump -- about the same. Sometimes I'm getting some spring off the toe, but not consistently. At least I'm willing to practice them, so that is something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home