Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Perseverance


I skated the adult session today. I was supposed to work on my spins, and I did -- for about 2 minutes :-). I should have a chance tonight to work on them, but I wanted to take advantage of the uncrowded time to work on other stuff.

I spent much, much time on crossovers, and I'm once more feeling that "edge bite" (edge pressure!) on the outside edge that I was lacking for a bit. I'm really happy about that, it means a good edge and a good stable feeling. I'm not sure I'm making any progress on either the underpush or the toe-pushing though. I worked on the CW ones! Yay. I really needed to.

I of course spent more time compulsively/obsessively working my 3-turns, and some time on Mohawks, and some good time on stroking (with emphasis on the end crossovers and getting a good bend on the skating knee).

I actually skated with my MP3 player for a bit, something I've not done in a while. I spent some good time on back edges (especially BI edges) with it and it was kind of nice. The good thing about BI edges is that I really enjoy practicing them. The first one out always stinks, still, though, but after that I'm getting a nice draw-back on the soon-to-be-free foot and I'm able most of the time to get a nice swing of the free leg from front to back. It's cool. I wish I felt the same about the BO edges though!

I was talking with Nicole as we were leaving and she said my edges are looking good, very strong and stable. That was really nice to hear, especially from Nicole since she's been watching me skate since almost the very beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home