Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Saturday Zoo


I went to the public session as usual; got there a bit late, but stayed until the end, so, with breaks, probably 2 hours of skating.

I got an update on Christine's condition after her fall yesterday -- I was told that she had to get 8 staples to get her scalp together, but other than that she's fine and they sent her home last night. Thanks be to God!

I was not feeling horribly focused today. I worked my swing rolls a little, but not as much as I should have. I spent a lot of time on RFI Mohawk --> LBI Mohawk combo; the LBI Mohawk is a lot more comfortable now. I also did the LFI Mohawk --> step to LBO --> LBO Mohawk combo, and that's okay too. Now if I could feel more secure on the RB Mohawks I'd be in business.

I spent a fair amount of time on spins and was rewarded for my efforts with a couple of really good (almost 3 revs, I think) 2-foot to 1-foot spins. When I really focus I am able to combat both the tendency to drop the right side AND the tendency to have the right shoulder back; fixing those combined with getting my feet closer together before picking up the right foot seems to be a key. Anyway, I was really pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home