Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 23, 2004

Coffee Club 3-Turns


I went to coffee club today. I was supposed to have my first lesson with Anna today at noon, but when I got to the rink the woman at the counter told me Anna had called to say she had a family emergency and wouldn't be able to come :-(. I hope everything is okay with her.

In some respects it's just as well, because I was extremely rusty and it took me much longer than the 15 minutes I would otherwise have had to warm up; more like half an hour. After that I was in pretty good form. I worked on all my usual stuff. I'm really pleased with my forward crossovers; they are notably less clunky than they used to be and are starting to have some flow. What I'm noticing in particular is that, at least doing them in tight circles, I'm really getting a feeling of thrusting with the skating foot as the free foot is crossing over. I'm pretty sure that's right, and it seems pretty good.

Since I didn't have my own lesson I went ahead and participated in the coffee club group lesson. Cecilia asked what we wanted to work on, so I said 3-turns since no one else volunteered anything; and so we did. My LFO3 is much improved (I'm actually holding the exit edge for a bit). My RFO3 is still having problems. Cecilia says I need more kneebend ("Duh!") to make it flow, and since my back edges are still quite weak there's only so much I'll be able to do with them. All in all it was a good 1.5 hours of skating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home