Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, November 16, 2003

Sunday Zoo


I attended the Sunday public session, and dragged a friend along. I was feeling a bit aimless and unfocused, so it was not my best practice ever.

I worked mostly on crossovers, but also a lot on 3-turns and spins and right edges. Since the 2-foot spin is really just a training spin it's not clear to me how much it really matters, but it's kind of fun. I've not had any useful feedback on it so I have no idea if I am doing it well or not. The crossovers are about where they were Friday, along with everything else.

I had a good talk with another skater, Marjorie, who is usually at coffee club on Fridays. She is taking lessons from Linda, and of course she thinks she's great. Everybody thinks their coach is the best :-). Seriously though, I'd only had one lesson from Linda before (at coffee club, she was subbing for Cecilia) and now I'm wondering if I need to "audition" her as well. I suppose I should, although that will of course make things take longer.

I stayed 'til about 3:30 so with a delay (there was a hockey game before so the session started late) and the Z-break, probably about 2 hours of skating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home