Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, November 07, 2003

6 Months!


Today is my 6 month skating anniversary... yep, 6 months ago today I first laced up a pair of skates and stepped out on the ice for my first lesson. It's very heartening and instructive for me to have kept this diary of my skating experiences. When I read the early entries in this blog I'm impressed by my determination and pleased with my hard work. I have truly come a long, long way in 6 months. I can honestly say that I feel better than ever, physically, mentally, and emotionally/spiritually, and a lot of that I attribute to skating and to the things that have come along with that. I have lost weight, I'm stronger, and I'm happier. I have something in my life that I'm passionate about, that depends only on me and how much I work for it, how much I strive.

I don't know where I will be 6 months from now. I'm rather hopeful that I will have finished all my basic instruction, the Basic 8s or equivalent. Hopefully I'll be taking private lessons, or preparing to do so. Keep reading and we'll see!

A big thanks to the readers of this blog who have taken time to email me or comment. Your words of encouragement and advice have been very helpful and instructive and I'm very grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home