Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 23, 2003

Hmmph!


I was running late last night and didn't get to the rink until about 8 minutes before my lesson. By the time I threw on my skates etc. it was 2 minutes after 7. As it turned out, Glenn was not present and Rachel subbed for our lesson. We basically went through everything we'd done previously. She also had us look briefly at a hockey stop but I certainly can't do one. We spent the majority of our time on 3 turns and mohawks though. All in all it was not a very productive lesson.

After the lesson I spent most of my time working on my backward 1-foot glide. I am making progress but it's slow. I think the longest I got (all on my left foot, although I did spend a little time on the right as well) was maybe 6 seconds. I'm trying both a straight glide back and an inside edge (these are the things I worked on last Friday). Of course I spent some time on pretty much everything else, including some work on my right-foot glide (improving), T-stop (only on the left foot, but that is pretty good), and also a little bit of work on crossovers. I probably need to spend more time on crossovers but I'm more interested/determined on the backward glide.

While it was an okay session I was pretty frustrated the whole time. First the lesson was frustrating. Second, although my left shoulder is much better it still hurts sufficiently that, for example, I could't hold my left arm up very long when I was working on my LBI edge. It's been more than two weeks since I hurt it, and it's probably at 70% or so. Sheesh.

Fortunately it looks like I will have Friday afternoon off so I can go on an extended skate (coffee club + public session). Yea!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home