Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

PSS


Today's Pinky-Swear Skate was pretty good. About 8 skaters on the ice, so less crowded than last week, I think.

I worked my usual stuff. Made some good progress on the half flip; I did about 10 of them (reminding myself that they will always stink if I don't practice them, Duh!) and they are starting to improve. I don't know why I'm reluctant to practice them -- I'm not scared of them, I think I just feel dorky. Oh well! I think everybody feels dorky, and if you can't feel dorky at a freestyle session then you can't anywhere.

I also decided to spend some time on my back edges. I've been reading Lisa's blog and decided that she (and also 3Turn) are right -- my back edges are hindering my progress. Especially since I have so much trouble keeping the free leg in front. Anyway, I worked them pretty obsessively for a while and they did get better, so that's good stuff.

Other than that, same old stuff -- spins, FXOs, BXOs (these are improving), spins, LFI3 (bleah).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home