Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Tucson Ice Publicity


There was a story in yesterday's Arizona Daily Star -- Gung-ho ice skaters jump-start Tucson Ice rink's opening. It all sounds very upbeat and promising ... let's hope the reality is, too. I do have to say that it certainly does appear that some significant $$ have gone into the facility -- I've heard they've replaced compressors and other equipment. The building looks about the same, but it's definitely colder than it used to be, which IMHO is a good thing. The ice quality is usually fair on the front and excellent on the back. Of course I've not skated any public sessions since they re-opened, just freestyle and adult session, so I'm getting spoiled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home