Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Perseverance


I managed to get to the adult session today to skate, which makes 3 days in a row of skating. That's great but I probably won't get to skate again until next Monday, so ... oh well.

I had a good solid skate. Anna was there so I asked her about the mohawk vs. LFO3 on the Salchow entrance and (not surprisingly) she said that some people do that, so I should practice it both ways :-). I did, a bit -- it will need some work. Worked on waltz jumps some more; when I do them from a standing start I'm getting better lift, but from BXOs I tend to get distracted and don't get that same lift. I worked a little bit on just doing the BXOs, BO edge, and step forward to try to get rid of the scratchiness, but with only a little bit of success. More time on spins -- I seem to have lost the progress I made on these -- grr! More time on 3s, especially the FI3s; some good progress but I should have spent more time on the LFI3; I'm such a chicken.

One nice realization for today -- I was practicing perimeter stroking and FXOs and I realized I am no longer scared to do FXOs. YAY! Sure, they still need a lot of work, and they aren't my favorite thing to do; but I don't have that adrenalin fear reaction when doing them any more, even when doing them relatively fast in stroking. YAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home