Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Perseverance


I attended the 4:45 freestyle today. I really like this session, it's usually pretty uncrowded (4 people today); hopefully it won't go away.

I worked most everything, but a lot of time on crossovers, stroking, waltz jumps and 3s and some time also on spins. I'm getting a little more lift on the waltz jump; working to get a more bent knee on the step forward and also to remember to jump up, not out. I worked my perimeter stroking; I'm getting a pretty good rhythm now on the straightaway, counting it slowly as 1 (stroke) - AND (extension) 2 (stroke) - AND (extension) etc. Good stuff. I spent some quality time working on my FI3s, especially the LFI3, but it's still pretty stinky.

I spent a few minutes at the end of the session working on the Salchow entrance. I really think I'm getting closer on this jump. I still tend to drop the hip after the LFO3 which makes the entrance curve too much. On the positive side I think I am getting the feel for how it will go, which is good. I am wondering if I would be better off doing this from a mohawk, though. Maybe I'll ask Anna about that. I don't have a problem keeping the hip up after a mohawk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home