Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Progress


I skated the adult session today. Normally I would have had my lesson today, but Anna called me this morning and re-scheduled due to a conflict she had, so I'll have my lesson tomorrow on the FS session. That's usually a pretty quiet session so it will be good.

I had a good skate today. The high point was progress on my waltz jump. I did my usual 5 from a standing start, then 2 or 3 from BXOs. I wasn't happy with them; I'm still lacking control and lift. I get decent lift from standing start, but not from BXOs. So I practiced just BXOs to step forward 3 or 4 times, working to get better knee bend and keep the feet close together. After that I went back and did the best waltz jump I've ever done! Key improvements were a real FO edge that lasted longer than 6 inches, and some actual lift. I was very psyched. I did a few more and then left them alone.

I worked a bit on the Salchow entrance, practicing from the LFO3 and also the RFI mohawk. I'm a bit too slow from the mohawk entrance, so I tried it after a few strokes instead of a standing start -- that helped. I find it hard to curve the edge from the mohawk though.

I also spent some quality time on my FI3s, and especially the LFI3, my nemesis. It improved a bit. I really need to spend at least 5 minutes on it every time I skate, I think. Beyond that, practiced 3s and Russian stroking and FXOs and BXOs (a little) and just stroking and a little bit of 5 step. Spent some time on the spin entrance with not much luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home