Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Perseverance


I managed to escape to the Friday adult skate session. The ice was okay -- firm, at least, but I'm noticing that right now there are definite "hills" at each end where the ice by the boards is perhaps 2" higher than 3 feet or so out. It's very disturbing. The front ice is now totally down to sand and leftover paint. I don't see any signs of progress on it, which is disturbing.

Anna was present at the session, for Nicole's lesson. She is skating at Fiesta Skate in a week, in Phoenix, so lots of stuff to do on her program. I was in a bit of a funk, though, still sore from yesterday (tailbone, elbow and wrist) and a bit just off. I'm glad I skated today, if only to work through it a bit, but I accomplished very little. Worked crossovers, 3s and spins a bit, without much to show for it. Ah well, some days are like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home