Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Abbreviated Zoo


I went to the public session today, but I only got there for the last 45 minutes or so due to a schedule conflict. The ice was quite gross, and it was fairly crowded, so I kept to fairly "safe" stuff.

I do find that I'm getting to like my Mohawks a lot more. One thing I did look at today was working on both the LBO and LBI Mohawk, getting a feeling of pressing the heel more. This is something Anna had told me the first time we ever looked at them, I think. It does give one more confidence and security. I need to work the LBI ones more, and then get back into at least attempting the LBI Choctaw since I need that for the APB Moves test.

I also practiced the waltz walkthrough stuff some more. This is becoming (surprisingly) easy and unfrightening; although I wouldn't say it's entirely comfortable yet. Still, I can recognize that the difference between what i'm doing now and a real waltz jump isn't actually that huge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home