Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, November 23, 2003

Perseverance


I didn't go to coffee club on Friday since I had a meeting at work that interfered -- I hate how work interferes with my skating! :-) :-( So I managed to go to the Saturday night session. I was pleasantly surprised, it was not that crowded (certainly nowhere near what a Saturday afternoon is like) and they weren't doing the disco lights thing so I didn't have that distraction.

The session went from 7:30 to 10 with a Z-break, so a good 2 hrs 15 minutes of skating. I worked mostly on crossovers and edges with a bit of other stuff for variety. It was a bit crowded to work on backward skating (which I've not put much time into in the last week). My crossover are improving very slowly, but I do notice some improvement. Mostly they are not quite so clunky and I'm not quite so nervous about them. On the other hand, I can say that my edges are coming along. I did the alternating forward edges like I've seen folks practicing for MITF and while of course they have a long way to go to be as smooth and skillful as I would like, I can at least generally do them. That's a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home