Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Perseverance


Escaped to adult session today for about 75 minutes of skating. Worked on most things, but no spins or lunges or spirals (haven't worked those last in a while). Spent some quality time on the edge drills Anna gave me, and also working on stroking and trying to get the roll of the ankle on the push. Had some good progress with this. Did 10 waltz jumps and 5 salchows; nothing much to report.

I decided I really need to fix my LFI3 and so spent some time on them. I'm getting better at figuring out for myself what I need to fix, at least some of the time; in this case I realized that part of my problem was just that I was not looking where I was going. Instead, I was winding up either looking backward or into the circle. Once I figured that out and fixed it they improved quite a bit. They are still quite scratchy and I need to do a zillion more of them, but at least they are happening. I was very pleased with this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home