Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Bleah


My lesson this morning was cancelled, so I skated at the adult session at lunchtime, probably 70 minutes of skating. I worked crossovers, stroking, the 5-step Mohawk, and some time on lunges and spins. I specifically spent some time on Russian stroking. I was feeling (again/still) kind of sluggish and stiff. I decided to work on my right-side (bad side) lunge since I was kind of wondering if an (easy) fall might be good for me. So I went off and did a nice, deep RF lunge -- probably the best I've ever done. Nice and low, and I stayed with it 'til I fell. Marge, who is a judge (:-)), was watching and said it looked good. I need to work that side more. I'm continuing my 3-turn moratorium for a bit longer.

I've been thinking about this current slump I seem to be experiencing. I don't know if it's just a plateau that I'm on or a bad streak or what. For all I know it's from always being on the dark back ice since that's what we have right now :-). Anyway, I decided I may be being a bit too hard on myself and/or expecting a bit too much. I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll try to remember to talk to Anna about it and see if she has any thoughts.

I talked to Anna about our lesson schedule this week, since we have a lesson from last week to make up; so we decided on Wed. and Thursday at 7:30 a.m. and Friday at adult skate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home