Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Saturday Zoo


I attended the public session this afternoon, arriving around 12:45 and staying until 4. With the Zamboni break and lunch, though, probably 2.5 hours of skating. The ice was horrible and it was quite crowded so I was mostly socializing and messing around. I did spend some good time on crossovers and more of those RFI-LBI Mo combos.

The only event of note was that early in the session I was standing in mid-ice contemplating my next move when WHAM! I was knocked to the ice by a little girl who slammed into me from behind -- she was skating backwards, I think, and didn't see me. The nice thing was that I fell more or less straight down and landed on my butt, and it didn't hurt at all! I just got up and skated off. I am really encouraged that I could take a no-warning fall like that and not get hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home