Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Sharp Skates


I got my skates sharpened yesterday, so today I managed to take a longer lunch so I could skate at coffee club and get used to the new feel.

I must be getting better about this, because the adjustment wasn't nearly so bad as it had been the last time I had them sharpened. It was a bit "sticky", yes, but not at all difficult to manage. I had a good 1 hr 15 minute skate, and worked on all my usual stuff (although I didn't try any hockey stops until the end of the session). I worked on edges, especially on trying to keep my free hip back and not let it rotate forward. I also worked on crossovers and of course 3-turns and the RFI Mohawk. No great breakthroughs, just some solid practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home