Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, August 02, 2003

Fundraiser Night


Tonight Gateway had a fundraiser for the Mt. Lemmon Fire District. As you may know, Mt. Lemmon outside Tucson was devasted last month by the Aspen fire that burned 80,000+ acres and hundreds of homes on Mt. Lemmon, a resort area. So the fundraiser was free skating, pizza and soda for a $5 donation to the cause.

I went to the fundraiser with some friends from a singles group I'm in. We all had a nice time -- one of them had only skated once in her life, as a child, and the other had skated regularly as a child but not in many years. They both had a good time, and I did too, in spite of the fact that the place was an absolute zoo. Good marketing! Maybe some of those folks will become regular skaters. I hope so, so long as they aren't there when I'm skating :-). I wasn't able to accomplish a lot but I had a nice time anyway.

I had originally planned to go to a makeup lesson on Saturday but I'm thinking I will put it off until next week. I'm a bit tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home