Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Perseverance


I attended the adult session today. It feels like forever since I've had a chance to just skate without having a lesson. I worked on a bunch of stuff ... FXOs, BXOs, stroking, waltz jumps. I did a couple of spirals, which I hadn't practiced in a long, long time. I worked on edges a bit and did the nicest BO edges I've done in a long time. Anna saw me working on my BI edges as she was skating nearby and said "Hey, you actually looked up once in a while!" Gotta love yer coach :-). I also worked, of course, on those pesky alt-3s. The only thing I mostly skipped was spinning, I think I only did 1.

Anna was there giving Nicole a lesson and doing some skating for herself too. At one point she was playing the music from her Junior freeskate and trying to remember the program. She did a bunch of doubles and wow... she's such a beautiful skater to watch. Amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home