- step forward exercise -- JJ told me he'd read my blog post about my power lessons, and also watched my Sherwood figures videos (I need to post those here). He asked what I was working on with Lynne and I explained that I'm still working on waltz-8 due to the step forward. He suggested doing an exercise down the line (NOT on a curve) of back edge, step forward, repeat just to work on the step forward.
- back spin prep -- this is really loop prep, I believe; just as we worked on last week. Two foot spin and put most weight on the R foot to feel the BO edge. It's getting a little better.
- loop prep -- on the boards; just stepping through the jump holding that free leg in front. Eeep.
- toe loop -- about the same but I think the timing is getting a little better. I'm certainly feeling more comfortable with it.
- salchow --mmph. I did one that felt really good and the rest were yucky. Oh well.